Zodiac Fashion Editorial by Karl Lagerfield

 fashion zodiac editorial

Karl Lagerfeld Astrology 


Photoshoot



A fabulous find, this star sign shoot sees a top designer gather his fashion friends for ‘It’s All In The Stars’, an editorial from the September 2005 issue of Harper’s Bazaar. It features fashion designers with each one representing their birth sign of the zodiac, and the models featured in the shoot are born under the star signs too. I wonder what the energy on set was like? Scroll to see all the photos from Karl Lagerfeld’s astrology photo shoot or view the article here: part 1, part 2.


Aries Tommy Hilfiger


“Being an Aries is all about having the confidence to do whatever you want to do. And I have always been that way, since childhood”.

Aries Fashion Designer, Tommy Hilfiger


Amazing Aries Fashion Designers





☆ Tommy Hilfiger 24th March 1951 ☆ Derek Lam 25th March 1966 ☆ Christopher Bailey 26th March 1971 ☆ Vivienne Westwood 8th April 1941 ☆ Marc Jacobs 9th April 1963 ☆ Victoria Beckham 17thApril 1974 ☆




Taurus Donatella Versace




“Taureans love security – true! This is why my home and family are so important to me. We go out of our way to create comfort around us and are fiercely protective of our families”.
This image above shows a young Taurus Jessica Stam, with Donatella Versace.
The article reads:
“As a Taurus (whose symbol is the stubborn bull), Donatella Versace agrees that she, like many born under her sign, “has fixed ideas about what I like. I follow my own instincts, even if it means not adhering to what everybody else is doing.”
“Taureans are “renowned for our temper, and even though I am normally very easygoing, I can charge at those who make me really angry. They also say Taureans are good with their hands, and I read once they make good dressmakers or often make their own clothes. Not far from the truth!”


Tenacious Taurus Fashion Designers

donatella-versace

☆ Jean-Paul Gaultier 24th April 1952 ☆ L’Wren Scott (formerly Laura “Luann” Bambrough) 28thApril 1964 – March 17th March 2014 ☆ Donatella Versace 2nd May 1955 ☆ Anya Hindmarch 7th May 1968 ☆ Valentino Garavani 11th May 1932 ☆ Dries Van Noten 12th May 1958 ☆ Christian Lacroix 16th May 1951 ☆


Gemini Alber Elbaz



“Being a Gemini [means] seeing the empty half and the full half of the glass at the same time. Loving colors and loving black. Loving tradition and modernity”.

Gemini Fashion Designer, Alber Elbaz



Gorgeous Gemini Fashion Designers

olsenn-astrology
☆ Henry Holland 26th May 1983 ☆ Lulu Guiness 29th May 1960 ☆ Salvatore Ferragamo 5th June 1898 ☆ Charlotte Olympia Dellal 5th June 1981 ☆ Alber Elbaz 12th June 1961 ☆ Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen 13th June 1986 ☆ Tory Burch 17th June 1966 ☆


Cancer Lazaro Hernandez

harpers-bazaar-september-2005-cancer-lazaro-hernandez
“I read my horoscope in the newspaper whenever I can get my hands on it, or in whatever magazine I happen to be looking through. And I may read Leo, too, because Jack [McCollough, his design partner, seen right] is a Leo”.

Cancer Fashion Designer, Lazaro Hernandez



Chic Cancer Fashion Designers

☆ Vera Wang 27th June 1949 ☆ Elie Saab 4th July 1964 ☆ Paul Smith 5th July 1946 ☆ Elizabeth Emanuel 5th July 1953 ☆ Nicholas Matthew Kirkwood 10 July 1980 ☆ Lazaro Hernandez 1978 ☆ Giorgio Armani 11th July 1934 ☆ Oscar de la Renta 22nd July 1932 ☆ Alice Temperley 22nd July 1975 ☆


Leo Michael Kors

harpers-bazaar-september-2005-leo-michael-kors
Leos are very confident people. They have big personalities. And my clothes are for confident people”.

Leo Fashion Designer, Michael Kors




Luscious Leo Fashion Designers


famous-leo-fashion-designers

Yves Saint-Laurent,  Christopher Kane, Coco Chanel And Michael Kors

coco-chanel
☆ Nicole Farhi 25th July 1946 ☆ Christopher Kane 26th July 1982 ☆ Yves Saint-Laurent 1st August 1936 ☆ Louis Vuitton 4th August 1821 ☆ Anna Sui 4th August 1964 ☆ Jeremy Scott 8th August 1975 ☆ Michael Kors 9th August 1959 ☆ Domenico Dolce 13th August 1958 ☆ Coco Chanel 19thAugust 1883 ☆

Virgo Karl Lagerfeld

harpers-bazaar-september-2005-virgo-karl-lagerfeld
“Very often, in the most banal thing, I see something other people don’t see. That’s a Virgo thing, but it’s also good for photography”.

Virgo Fashion Designer, Karl Lagerfeld



Virtuous Virgo Fashion Designers

☆ Tom Ford 27th August 1961 ☆Roland Mouret 27th August 1961 ☆ Gareth Pugh 31st August 1981 ☆ Elsa Schiaparelli 10th September 1890 ☆ Karl Lagerfeld 10th September 1933 ☆ Stella McCartney 13th September 1971 ☆ Zandra Rhodes 19th September 1940 ☆

Watch two top Virgo designers: Behind the Seams, Tom Ford and Karl Lagerfeld Talk Shop…

Libra Donna Karan

harpers-bazaar-september-2005-libra-donna-karan
“People think Librans are extroverted, but we’re oftentimes very introverted. It’s living in two worlds and trying to find the balance”.

Libra Fashion Designer, Donna Karan

Lovely Libra Fashion Designers

Karan has been known to change important dates and details based on her astrologer’s advice and even designed a line of handbags for each of the zodiac signs. In the article, she says of the ancient practice:
“Astrology has affected so many aspects of my life.
“I work with a wonderful astrologer, Maria Napoli. As a Libra, I live in two worlds and try to find a balance – I’m creative, but I find it very difficult to make decisions. And I hate boring. So it is a sort of masculine and feminine in my life and in my clothes, function versus fantasy, the tailored versus the flowing; and I have always worked with a lot of back and white. There’s always that contradiction in my clothes.”
rl donna karan
Civilised Style, Ralph Lauren And Classic Donna Karan
☆ Jason Wu 27th September 1982 ☆ Donna Karan 2nd October 1948 ☆ Yohji Yamamoto 3rd October 1943 ☆ Sergio Rossi 4th October 1935 ☆ Ralph Lauren 14th October 1939 ☆

Scorpio Roberto Cavalli

harpers-bazaar-september-2005-scorpio-roberto-cavelli
“Scorpio is a leader and a creative spirit at the same time”.
Scorpio Fashion Designer, Roberto Cavalli

Sexy Scorpio Fashion Designers

☆ Matthew Williamson 23rd October 1971 ☆ Zac Posen 24th October 1980 ☆ Cath Kidston 6th November 1958 ☆ Stefano Gabbana 14th November 1962 ☆ Roberto Cavalli 15th November 1940 ☆ Rick Owens 18th November 1962 ☆ Calvin Klein 19th November 1942 ☆

Sagittarius Tara Subkoff

harpers-bazaar-september-2005-sagittarius-tara-subkoff
“I put my foot in my mouth all the time. I’m like a racehorse who trips over her own feet, I’m going so fast”.
Sagittarius Fashion Designer, Tara Subkoff
The article reads:
“Imitation of Christ designer Tara Subkoff, a big believer, grew up with hippie parents. “My mom got our charts done when we were born!” laughs the Sagittarian, who thinks she is true to her sign, which is symbolized by the shooting-after-new-ideas archer. “I’m like a racehorse who trips over her own feet, I’m going so fast. I’m a total klutz!”

Sagittarius Fashion Designers

☆ Jil Sander 27th November 1943 ☆ Manolo Blahnik 28th November 1942 ☆ John Galliano 28thNovember 1960 ☆ Malene Birger 1st December 1962 ☆ Gianni Versace 2nd December 1946 ☆ Tara Subkoff 10th December 1972 ☆Jasper Conran 12th December 1959 ☆

Capricorn Diane Von Fustenberg

harpers-bazaar-september-2005-capricorn-diane-von-furstenberg
“Being a Capricorn makes me pragmatic and ambitious. I gravitate towards clothes that are fluid”.
Capricorn Fashion Designer, Diane von Fürstenberg
I spy with my little eye… Capricorn model Kate Moss!
And all the models in this photoshoot are posing under the correct constellation….

Classic Capricorn Fashion Designers

☆ Kate Spade 24th December 1962 ☆ Diane von Fürstenberg 31st December 1946 ☆ Carolina Herrera 6thJanuary 1939 ☆ Raf Simons 12th January 1968 ☆ Christian Louboutin 7th January 1963 ☆

Aquarius Narciso Rodrigues

harpers-bazaar-september-2005-aquarius-nareiso-rodrigues
“I really do not live my life or plan my work based on astrology”
Aquarius fashion designer Narciso Rodriguez

Audacious Aquarius Fashion Designers

☆ Christian Dior 21st January 1905 ☆ Narciso Rodriguez 27th January 1961 ☆ Mary Quant 11 February 1934 ☆ Patricia Field 12th February 1941 ☆

Pisces Eva Herzigova

harpers-bazaar-september-2005-pisces-eva-herzigova
“Pisces are visually creative. Every detail counts”.
Pisces model and fashion designer, Eva Herzigova

Pretty Pisces Fashion Designers

☆ Nicole Farhi 25th July 1946 ☆ Christopher Kane 26th July 1982 ☆ Yves Saint-Laurent 1st August 1936 ☆ Louis Vuitton 4th August 1821 ☆ Anna Sui 4th August 1964 ☆ Jeremy Scott 8th August 1975 ☆ Michael Kors 9th August 1959 ☆ Domenico Dolce 13th August 1958 ☆ Coco Chanel 19thAugust 1883 ☆


1 comments:

  1. Nice blog, Thanks for sharing these kinds of useful and knowledgeable information. astrology gifts for her

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers